Parking lot lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash

I have a car dealership here in PA that has 8 exsisting poles that the old underground has been distroyed and no longer a option. I'm actually hoping some of the pole to pole conduits are still ok. My question is the new feed has to go aerial approx 200' to first pole. What multi conductor (2 circuits) cable is approved for outdoor aerial applications. Is tri-plex or quadplex in my case an option however as far as I know it's not labeled thus not per code. ( the article escapes me right now) also type UF with a messenger would also be a option. However unsightly and unprofessional in my opinion. I'm converting to LED which will keep my load under 40 amps @ 208v with voltage drop in concideration would a #6 quadplex be my best option. I plan on carrying the #6 down to the hand hole then switching to #12 with inline fuses per leg also accessible in the hand hole. Is this my best option or does someone make an approved cable sutible for this app. Would love to avoid the alumn splices if possible. Especially in the tiny hand holes. Might consider a outdoor panel if I can find a place to put it otherwise two controlled circuits is what's needed. Thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.