Parking Lot Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyerinfl

Hello gents,
Want to see if I can obtain some feedback on this situation I currently have. There's a parking garage with some 40 light that need replacing. They want to replace them with a 175 MH qv0417-m fixture. The problem arises from the quote I got from my vendor, at $403 a piece, BEFORE mark-up. Do any of you have experience with this light? Does this cost sound right? I'm going to get another vendor to quote me come Monday, but at the same time any recommendations for a cheaper alternate would be very helpful.

Here's a link to the spec sheet: [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://www.ruudlighting.com/literature/catalog_pdf_files/qv-cat.pdf[/FONT]

frogneck77

You could see if replacing the lenses, ballast,and bulbs is an option. We have done this on many properties. If the housings arent too bad youd probably be looking at less than $100 material per fixture depending on the lens cost. Did you get that price $400 out of the Ruud catalog?

emahler

go to ruud directly....also, give them an alternate for T5 Vapors....similar light, way less energy usage...

commercial lighting has 4-5 hands in the pot before you....distributor, national rep, regional rep, local rep, supply house, you, then the customer...that's a lot a hands tacking on to the price....

ultramegabob

emahler said:
go to ruud directly....also, give them an alternate for T5 Vapors....similar light, way less energy usage...

commercial lighting has 4-5 hands in the pot before you....distributor, national rep, regional rep, local rep, supply house, you, then the customer...that's a lot a hands tacking on to the price....

thats the whole advantage of using Ruud, you can cut out the middle man, they arnt the lowest priced fixtures but they are pretty high quality for the money... I bet if you contact them directly, they will be nearly half as much...

220/221

Ruud Lighting ROCKS. We use them exclusively.

Great products and great service.

BTW, E-conolight IS a division of Ruud. They stole our name and we always field their phone calls along with Econolite.

Last edited:

emahler

220/221 said:
Ruud Lighting ROCKS. We use them exclusively.

Great products and great service.

BTW, E-conolight IS a division of Ruud. They stole our name and we always field their phone calls along with Econolite.

i figured they got the idea from you;)

Status
Not open for further replies.