Pay Per Lead Sites.. such as Angi

Occupation
Electrician
Does anyone have any experience with these pay per lead sites such as Angi etc...? If so what have your experiences been like? Are they worth it? Any that are better then others. My only experience with them so far is there aggressive sales callers trying to sign me up. Any help would be much appreciated!

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
For me, their customer base didn't work out. I would get tire kickers and "over the phone ball park pricing" customers.

IMO, when you have these companies that are listing contractors on their website and allowing pricing over (app, text, through their website...) and even listing pricing as to what a job should cost, you get customers that have a price point in their head before they even call you. So, it turns them into price shoppers.

YMMV

You won't know until you sign up and try it out anyway.

Occupation
Electrician
For me, their customer base didn't work out. I would get tire kickers and "over the phone ball park pricing" customers.

IMO, when you have these companies that are listing contractors on their website and allowing pricing over (app, text, through their website...) and even listing pricing as to what a job should cost, you get customers that have a price point in their head before they even call you. So, it turns them into price shoppers.

YMMV

You won't know until you sign up and try it out anyway.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I suppose your right I won't know until I try it. There seem to be a lot of options out there,I might just try a couple and see what happens.

NoahsArc

Occupation
Residential EC
Their sales tactics speak for their quality. Endless calls for a YEAR, despite telling them "no" and then just hanging up on them. They owe me $25 in phone charges. They even got my sister's number somehow and started harassing her the same.
As others have said, you're getting the bucket-bottom customers looking for a cheap deal, if they're even serious in the first place.

I don't know if Nextdoor qualifies as in this category, but I had a pretty lame experience with them. Anyone who charges an upfront monthly cost and then delivers all of 3 leads (at least one hit) is scammy. Others have had better experiences with them.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
This was definitely a concern of mine. The term qualified leads is not quantifiable and leaves a lot of loose ends
I once got charged $125 for a "new service upgrade" when the customer wanted a receptacle replaced.

When Angie's List was new, the customers paid, and almost every call became a good lead and a job.