peerless electric motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3/4 hp Peerless single phase moter thats rated for 120/240volts. The 8 leadts are marked L1, T2, T3,C, C1, C2,and A. I would like to wire high voltage, the wiring diagram is lost. Can one of you help please

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I have a 3/4 hp Peerless single phase moter thats rated for 120/240volts. The 8 leadts are marked L1, T2, T3,C, C1, C2,and A. I would like to wire high voltage, the wiring diagram is lost. Can one of you help please
That's an old motor but not so old that it would have more than six leads I don't think. Also you say you have an eight lead motor and you only name seven and the labels don't match anything standard.

What is this motor running? Where did it come from? How are you involved?

kwired

Electron manager
You said there are 8 leads yet only listed 7.

Does the motor have internal thermal protector? If so which leads connect to this protector?

My guess would be one input line needs to connect to L1, T2 and T3 are likely ends of each primary winding and would be connected together when connected for high voltage.

A is maybe where the other input lead needs connected along with one of the "C" leads and the C leads are likely associated with capacitors, centrifugal switch and the secondary winding, one of them possibly needs to tie to the T2/T3 point.

A little more detail on where as many leads as possible end up going to, or which have continuity to one another would be a help.

You said there are 8 leads yet only listed 7.

Does the motor have internal thermal protector? If so which leads connect to this protector?

My guess would be one input line needs to connect to L1, T2 and T3 are likely ends of each primary winding and would be connected together when connected for high voltage.

A is maybe where the other input lead needs connected along with one of the "C" leads and the C leads are likely associated with capacitors, centrifugal switch and the secondary winding, one of them possibly needs to tie to the T2/T3 point.

A little more detail on where as many leads as possible end up going to, or which have continuity to one another would be a help.

The eighth lead is labeled T-4, the motor is for an air compressor. It was wired 120v and i would like to run it 220v. a friend gave me the air compressor. the 120 volt config was line-t4,t3,c1 the n-L1 wires c2 tied to C and t2 to a, there is a capacitor on it. Leads t2 and t4 ring out, a,c,t3 and L1 ring out wires c1 and c2 ring out for a second then gives ol on tester.

cadpoint

Peerless electric

Peerless electric

Why don't you take a picture of the motor, prepare a short brief and call Peerless and be ready to
send this to them.

http://www.peerlesselectric.com/

Their website seems more company promotional then giving exacting details of their motors, probably
because they work with the government.

kwired

Electron manager
The eighth lead is labeled T-4, the motor is for an air compressor. It was wired 120v and i would like to run it 220v. a friend gave me the air compressor. the 120 volt config was line-t4,t3,c1 the n-L1 wires c2 tied to C and t2 to a, there is a capacitor on it. Leads t2 and t4 ring out, a,c,t3 and L1 ring out wires c1 and c2 ring out for a second then gives ol on tester.
The motor is very likely wired just like the one in this link or very similar, just has names of leads changed.

Likely the L1 is what is shown as P1
t2, t3 and t4 are the same for both - and are the main or run windings
my guess is A is same thing as P2 coming from the overload
and that all the C leads are associated with aux winding, centrifugal switch and capacitor(s). Need to do some checking to figure out exactly how they are connected but will be similar to the drawing I linked to.

C1 andd C2 about need to be on opposite ends of a capacitor and is why you have continuity until the capacitor becomes charged with the test current, reverse your test leads and it will discharge and then recharge to opposite polarity.

The motor is very likely wired just like the one in this link or very similar, just has names of leads changed.

Likely the L1 is what is shown as P1
t2, t3 and t4 are the same for both - and are the main or run windings
my guess is A is same thing as P2 coming from the overload
and that all the C leads are associated with aux winding, centrifugal switch and capacitor(s). Need to do some checking to figure out exactly how they are connected but will be similar to the drawing I linked to.

C1 andd C2 about need to be on opposite ends of a capacitor and is why you have continuity until the capacitor becomes charged with the test current, reverse your test leads and it will discharge and then recharge to opposite polarity.

Thanks it is running now on 240.

Status
Not open for further replies.