pendent lights over bar.ceiling is 30' high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I've seen boxes hung down to a more reasonable height (all thread for support and painted for camo) to accommodate pendants.

sh1234_sc1.jpg

Seen these on a 4s box with imc threaded to the right length right into the back of another 4s box then a plaster ring and the fixture. The fixtures weren't more than 5#.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
stickboy1375 said:
What type of application? A light hanging 25' would be pretty weird looking...

It was a vaulted ceiling that was 25 feet high. The lights hand to hang down to about 6 feet off the floor over an island. It was a real PITA but came out looking real nice. We used low voltage fixtures.

I had to run a #8 wire to the lv track at the ceiling, because of distance, and I had to install the track just off center since the track and the fitting for the light hung down from the ceiling about 3". Had to use some geometry with ceiling slope to figure how far off from center to wire to.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
stickboy1375 said:
img01-02.gif

Get yourself one of these.

Trust me I have a laser plumb and used it but you cannot shoot straight up from the center of the counter. If the track is on a slope perpendicular to the counter then you have to bring your wire to a point that is not center of the island. If I put it in the center then the track hanging at an angle with the ceiling will be 3" or 4" lower. This puts my center point of the fixture at a different point then the ceiling center.

If I had marked the ceiling at the center of the island I would have been off about 2.5" from center, if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.