Permiited location for fire alarm control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

whe4

Does anyone know if it is permissable or not to locate a fire alarm control panel in a fire pump room?

jtester

That is almost always a question for the AHJ. I recently had an inspector insist that a panel be mounted on the wall across from the secretary's desk. That way it would be monitored. On the other hand, a sprinkler monitoring panel was allowed to be mounted in the sprinkler riser room.

Jim T

In the past year, we have installed 9 fire pumps and controllers, in 5 different jurisdictions. We could mount the FACP in the control room or in other locations appropriate for the panel.
When you submit to the local AHJ, point out the FACP in the pump control room. If he has a problem with it, he will likely point it out to you.

good luck

W6SJK

In my humble experience, the Fire Dept wants to see what's going on immediately upon entering the building during an alarm. The FACP can be located almost anywhere, IF you put a remote annunciator near the building main entrance.

boater bill

Make sure the space has a temperature control (HVAC/heat). If the space doesn't, then you will have to bring in conditioned air to the FACP. I have several installations with a FACP in a 1' foot deep , 3' foot wide room with flex duct serving it for temp control on the FACP.

Status
Not open for further replies.