permit

Krusscher

Occupation
Electrician
I work at a college and we rent a building from the national guard next door. I have to run a conduit for a ac unit in that building. I haven't done much with permits as most places I have worked including here have annual permits. Do they have to pull the permit or can I pull it for them?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
You can pull a permit if the lease identifies you to do electrical in a building the college does not own. Best to review wac 496 46B and give L&I a call

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
You can pull a permit if the lease identifies you to do electrical in a building the college does not own. Best to review wac 496 46B and give L&I a call
If the building is owned by the National Guard, it is federal property and the local AHJ can kick rocks. That said, they may or may not have some kind of understanding with the local AHJ for "courtesy" inspections. Ask the National Guard what they've done in the past.

Krusscher

Occupation
Electrician
I emailed the LNI supervisor of this area and he didn't really give an answer other then maybe it's covered under the college's annual permit but it's best to just pull a circuit permit for it... still not sure I can pull a permit under the national guard with just permission from them to do the work or if they have to to pull the permit but I will contact them like Gadfly said.