Phone Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a phone system that you cannot splice a new phone into or it will cancle the phone that that line goes to. Every phone at this place has it's own homerun to the board. I have to add three new phones to this system and I cannot figure out what I need to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Re: Phone Board

Well, Sparky, as an Avaya dealer I would strongly advise that you run the wiring and install the jacks (properly I hope). Then contact a vendor of whatever system you have and have them terminate the new extensions on the system and do the necessary administration.

I've touched on this before, that is we can't do everything.

Respectfully, you are over your head here and the professional thing to do is to do only what you are capable of and leave the rest to someone qualified.

Unfortunately (or fortunately :) ) we at times make alot of money making systems work that others have attempted to play with. I suppose I can say because I've been on both sides of the fence, that the worst problem is electricians and alarm guys.

Re: Phone Board

Hello hbliss, thanks for the reply and I had just about come to that conclusion that it would be better to just have someone who deals with phone board terminating to come in and finish the job. The lines are already ran and terminated properly so that is not a problem. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.