PICO

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCat

Industrial Engineering Tech
Occupation
Imdustrial Engineering Technician - HVACR Electrical and Mechanical Systems
There are too many acronyms being used on this forum, that not all of us are given to know about on a daily basis.
There needs to be some kind of grand master dynamic reference that can be quickly pulled up. This would be useful.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
PICO was an AB product from years ago. Call it a smart relay. Three instructions were allowed before an output of some sort was required. Real PIA to use for anything of consequence but I’ve got a couple out there still doing their thing. 20 years plus?

I think I’ve got it figured out. One good thing was the software allowed for pretty good simulation of the projects.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just FYI for future reference, the PICO was a brand-label deal with (at the time) Moeller, prior to A-B releasing their own version, the Micro810 line. Moeller was bought by Eaton and rolled into the Cutler Hammer product lines, where that device is now the "Easy" micro controller. I don't think the software directly converts, but the programming conventions are probably the same.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
In today's products, the PICO is a remote/wireless switch for Lutron's Casetta and RF master switches.
I was trying to figure out how they could do anything but be a remote switch. Never heard of what the OP is talking about.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
In today's products, the PICO is a remote/wireless switch for Lutron's Casetta and RF master switches.
I was trying to figure out how they could do anything but be a remote switch. Never heard of what the OP is talking about.

Forgive me, I am an Old Fellow. Every time I see PICO, I still immediately think of the little smart relay and I should know better.

Jolted

Just FYI for future reference, the PICO was a brand-label deal with (at the time) Moeller, prior to A-B releasing their own version, the Micro810 line. Moeller was bought by Eaton and rolled into the Cutler Hammer product lines, where that device is now the "Easy" micro controller. I don't think the software directly converts, but the programming conventions are probably the same.
It's exactly the same. I just replaced a PICO, used Eaton software to pull the program and dumped it onto Eaton hardware. It's was literally just re-branded for Rockwell.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
To me PICO was axial lead fuses for semi conductor outputs on some older process controllers we used to encounter - Pico fuses, don't know where the name come from on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.