Picture: Creative way to mount a thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found in a government building. Since it is low voltage I guess there is no problem, but seems like a lot of work to move the t'stat a foot.

mdshunk

The funny thing about that is this is a Carrier Comfort Zone II master stat, and they cost a good 500 bucks. They've got a 25 cent looking installation serving a 500 dollar stat.

brian john

A story for every post...
I went to a government project to perform a PQ investigation they saw the equipment I had. Several years later I returned to the same facility for similar work and saw a meter like mine in a box in the electric room. I asked about the meter they bought it shortly after I was there last and never opened the box $13,000 meter and $6,000.00 worth of CT's, they also had a IR camera and subbed that work out, their reasoning was safety not wanting to risk exposure to dangerous situations.

Several weeks ago government facility, I saw an AVO high current test set covered in bird doo, dirt and construction debris, cost of test set in the ball park of $42,000.00.

Makes me want to scream, I do not mind that they want to sub it, I PREFER THAT, but why buy the equipment? And I have asked about buying the equipment used, too much paper work to be bothered with to unload this equipment.

One way to look at it they keep me employeed while supplying a living to the test equipment salesmen.

TonyBandel

I have to agree and wonder why on earth you didn't just mount it over the hole that was already there! Why at the very least did you leave the hole in the wall ?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
There must be some very ugly or scary thing being hidden behind the present location of the thermostat! :roll:

MAK

brian john said:
A story for every post...
I went to a government project to perform a PQ investigation they saw the equipment I had. Several years later I returned to the same facility for similar work and saw a meter like mine in a box in the electric room. I asked about the meter they bought it shortly after I was there last and never opened the box $13,000 meter and $6,000.00 worth of CT's, they also had a IR camera and subbed that work out, their reasoning was safety not wanting to risk exposure to dangerous situations.

Several weeks ago government facility, I saw an AVO high current test set covered in bird doo, dirt and construction debris, cost of test set in the ball park of $42,000.00.

Makes me want to scream, I do not mind that they want to sub it, I PREFER THAT, but why buy the equipment? And I have asked about buying the equipment used, too much paper work to be bothered with to unload this equipment.

One way to look at it they keep me employeed while supplying a living to the test equipment salesmen.
At least every time you show up there you will have a spare tester in case anything unfortunate happens to yours. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.