Picture of sub-panel ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxfly

Where would I see a pic of a residential service with a sub-panel off of it. Where do you guys find those pics that I see on here. I know its the Mike Holt info. I'd like to show some of the younger guys something about services and parrallel ground paths. I'd like to make a point a bout how to correctly install these. ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Below is an illustration of an improper sub-panel installation where the EGC is in parallel with the neutral.

1113844669_2.jpg

Roger

fauxfly

Thats right guys, I'm talking about the Mike Holt illustrations you guys post here in the forum. I'm looking for the previous post's pic. Thanks.

One more question: How the heck are ya doin that, what are you pulling the pic from.

S

480sparky

TOOL_5150 said:
Hey 480, Why did you choose to use a SD HOM main breaker panel and then a QO for the gen panel?

~Matt

I use the QO2DTI interlock between two 2-pole breakers as a transfer switch. The sub is for a back-up genny.

480sparky

hillbilly1 said:
Nice little generator sub panel, I would not have run the generator feed thru the main panel though, but thats just me.

Me either. The genny feed is in the lower left of the sub panel. :wink:

One of these days I'll dig the display out and take a pix of it all finished. This is about half-way through (notice no 2/0 service wires....).

iwire

Staff member
hillbilly1 said:
Square D now has a generator interlock kit for your 150-200 amp MB homeline loadcenters too now.

I installed exactly that in a home a few weeks ago. It fit great, was not flimsy and cam with a metal template for drilling the holes in the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.