Please suggest some tips for exam preparation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhetasdin

I have my exam due in couple of weeks from now. Kindly give me some valuable suggestion, tips etc. Like which is the best time to study, how to keep awake in the night(tea or coffee), how to have a better concentration without breaks. Somewhere I read someone telling to keep cold water.

ASK_EDDIE

When taking my master test I smoked at the time I've since quit for 3 years now (yeah!) It was a five hour test I was going to be nervous...I knew i would need every minute. I took in nicotine gum and it worked.... I also passed it on the first time.

masterinbama

When taking my master test I smoked at the time I've since quit for 3 years now (yeah!) It was a five hour test I was going to be nervous...I knew i would need every minute. I took in nicotine gum and it worked.... I also passed it on the first time.

Congrats on the non smoking Eddie, 120 days and many to go for me.
As far as exam prep clear the room of everything when studying. The night before though, treat yourself to something you find relaxing but unrelated to the task at hand.

masterinbama

Congrats on the non smoking Eddie, 120 days and many to go for me.
As far as exam prep clear the room of everything when studying. The night before though, treat yourself to something you find relaxing but unrelated to the task at hand.

ASK_EDDIE

Yeah, just relax the night before doing what ever it is , if you dont know the material by the night before the test youre just not ready. But sometimes taking the test to get an idea of where you are at in your studies and familar of the testing facility how things work is worth a lot, failing a test isnt the end of the world it just shows you were you need to be. I failed my first journeymans exam in 1986 by one question. I passed it 3 months later.

Cavie

Tips during the test. Time management. Keep the code book closed. Answer all questions you know first. Go through all 100 questions and answer the ones you know without thinking. If you have to think about it, check it, skip it go on to the next one. Save the problem solvers for last. Now go back and answer the ones you think you know with just a little look up. If it takes more than 1 min and you haven't found the answer, check it, skip it and move on. Repeat this process over and over and you will find answers to other questions while looking for something different. Before you know it you will have a small amount of question you don't know but will have time to look up. Remember, don't open the code book until you have answered all the questions you can without it. Time is your enemy. It can be your friend if you use it wisely.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
What Cavie said and when you do open the book try to stay in the area you are in, like all the grounding, all 200, 300, 400, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.