Please tell me all the ways this is awful.

DukeSilver

Occupation
Electrician
A contractor ordered track lighting. The lights did not fit in the track, so they jammed a wire on the neutral side to bridge the gap between the neutral tab and the neutral bus. Please give me all the code violations you can come up with. By the way, his explanation was don’t worry I made sure it’s on the neutral side. IMG_2354.jpeg IMG_2355.jpeg

ericsarratt

Occupation
Utility Contractor, HVAC Service Tech, Septic Installer & Subsurface Operator, Plumber
I don't know what the number is, but OSHA would have issues from an employee safety perspective, both for the installer and for anyone who works on it later.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Some of those track heads, pins can be extended out. I know the WAC one I use state that in instructions.

Not on the neutral side. I was thinking maybe it was a 2 circuit track but that just raising the point not extend it outward.

So it is definitely hack but I doubt it is dangerous in the sense that the wire is wedge behind the side of the track. The fixture is inside the tracks... At first I thought the wire was wedge inside the track fitting by being push into the neutral track. I am glad that isn't it.