POCO request temporary load calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
THe POCO has requested a temporary load calculation. Does any have experience doing a temporary load calculation for the service. I am not familiar with temporary loads I usually get a temporary cut in and I get full load not a temporary load. I will get with POCO tomorrow just curious if anyone had experience doing a temporary power calc.

MAC702

THe POCO has requested a temporary load calculation. Does any have experience doing a temporary load calculation for the service. I am not familiar with temporary loads I usually get a temporary cut in and I get full load not a temporary load. I will get with POCO tomorrow just curious if anyone had experience doing a temporary power calc.

Every POCO is different. Might help to know where you are.

kwired

Electron manager
For a small single phase service as the permanent service- quite often you might get the permanent transformer and even permanent supply conductors in some cases.

Other places you may have temp service that is entirely temporary, maybe even temporary POCO distribution to supply it. Depends on the needs of what is needed during the "temporary" stage.

Small residence being built, temp power may just be a few 120 volt receptacles and cord and plug connected loads.

Other places temp power could involve a single load requiring hundreds of kVA power be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.