pool equip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul renshaw

My neighbor just had a pool installed, and the associated equipment is installed out at his shed. They ran a conduit from the house to the shed, and installed one of those dual timer/panel combos. The panel/timer is mounted on the outside of the shed. There is a four wire feed with the gnd neu split as in a normal sub-panel. Since this is a seperate structure, shouldn't it have a grounding electrode system established there? Shouldn't there also be a main in the panel? The remaining circuits will be used to feed stuff in the shed. I did not think this install was code compliant, but it passed anyway. Please correct me if I am wrong.

[ May 04, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: paul renshaw ]

paul renshaw

Re: pool equip.

I spoke with the guys doing the pool wiring and they said since the panel is for the pool equipment, and not the building, this is compliant. Am I missing something?

bennie

Esteemed Member
Re: pool equip.

This could be one of those situations that could be like grounding. Many interpretations, some work, some don't.

The only thing I would consider is...Is the installation safe and likely to remain in that state?

Status
Not open for further replies.