Pool Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

finster1

Curiuos and not sure where to find the answer. I was wondering if I can run additional wiring for another 120v circuit and use the pool lighting conduit...My customer has a pool light and wants to locate a 120v spa on that end of a finished patio but the wet light Niche has a 36v transformer located on the house.....so I would be mixing low voltage and 120 in the same conduit........I can get to the pool Light box and install more conduit from that box but I am not sure if this would be allowed ..........Hate to have to break up there Patio for additional circuit.....

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I suspect that the spa demands a separate circuit based on the manufacturers requirements. I would also check out art. 210.23(A)(2)

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
Curiuos and not sure where to find the answer. I was wondering if I can run additional wiring for another 120v circuit and use the pool lighting conduit...My customer has a pool light and wants to locate a 120v spa on that end of a finished patio but the wet light Niche has a 36v transformer located on the house.....so I would be mixing low voltage and 120 in the same conduit........I can get to the pool Light box and install more conduit from that box but I am not sure if this would be allowed ..........Hate to have to break up there Patio for additional circuit.....

Finster I think what you need to do here is find out what class your "low voltage" is. Check out 300.3(C)(1) which will tell you when you can mix the different voltages. I don't know, but if your light is a 720 install I think you can do what you want to do. If it is a 725 class 1,2,3 circuit you won't be able to.....

I suspect that the spa demands a separate circuit based on the manufacturers requirements. I would also check out art. 210.23(A)(2)

Forgive me if I'm missing something here but he doesn't appear to want to share a circuit....

finster1

Raceway

Raceway

I just wanted to share the raceway, do to the yards finish..Dont think acceptable but cant cant or haven't rather found anything to dispute....Looking for a little help...........Otherwise I have to get the towns blessing to use the grass patch next to the street........And dig 60' of trenching additional

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Article 680.23(F)(3) may come into play

680.23(F)(3) Conductors. Conductors on the load side of a ground-fault circuit interrupter or of a transformer, used to comply with the provisions of 680.23(A)(8), shall not occupy raceways, boxes, or enclosures containing other conductors unless one of the following conditions applies:
(1) The other conductors are protected by ground-fault circuit interrupters.
(2) The other conductors are grounding conductors.
(3) The other conductors are supply conductors to a feed-through-type ground-fault circuit interrupter.
(4) Ground-fault circuit interrupters shall be permitted in a panelboard that contains circuits protected by other than ground-fault circuit interrupters.

Status
Not open for further replies.