Portable office trailer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

rixer

This is my first time posting on this forum so any suggestions and ideas are very much welcome. I need to supply power to a portable office trailer that comes with a 125A main breaker 240V single phase service panel. The closest source that the customer wants to use is an unused 230V, 200A, three phase disconnect. Yeah, sure I can use the two phases for my feed, and fuse accordingly, but what concerns me is the lack of neutral. Since this trailer, according to the customer, will have a substantial load, is my only option to install a transformer to gain my neutral for the heavy load in this trailer?
Thanks for your input.

iwire

Staff member
rixer said:
Since this trailer, according to the customer, will have a substantial load, is my only option to install a transformer to gain my neutral for the heavy load in this trailer?
Thanks for your input.

You must supply this trailer with a neutral, it does not matter if the load is heavy or light.

Either get a transformer or have the power company drop a temp 120/240 service near the trailer.

rixer

Any suggestions on connection of transformer? Can a gen. purpose work with a 240x480 pri. and 120/240 sec. Customer just happens to have one I could use.

dahualin

Rixer-

You can use a single phase dry type transformer (240 volt primary, 120/240 volt secondary) to get the power source you want.

David

bob

rixer
In my part of the woods it is common for the utility to install a temp service to a trailer. You need a pole, breaker panel and meter socket. Generally they
will use secondary that is in place and no other work is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.