possible scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Received this e-mail today it appears to be a scam focused on electrical co. anybody else get one. I dont sell electrical products so they must be sending them to all electrical co. maybe from other country, so they dont understand the difference between electrical contractor and supplier?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
Dear Customer,[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]My n[/FONT][FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]ame is Mr.Danny Lee And I want to order some electrical switch and i will need the Qty of 45.500 with the sizes of 400 x 400-20k with one switch .and also i need the electrical switchs double sided and also i want you to go ahead and quote me the total pick up prices plus the tax without the shipping and also Advise me the method of payment you accept so that we can proceed with this order as soon as possible.Kindly go ahead and email me me back with your contact Phone number as well so that i can give you a call to Discuss about the order[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Stay Blessed,[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Mr.Danny Lee[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Buck Parrish

Definiitley a scam. He'll send you a bogous check for over the amount. Then he will want you to wire the over amount back to his country via western union.
He doesn't even care about the switches. And does not even descrribe them correctly.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
It looks like the discussion is not going to be constructive.

If you wish to discuss the OP as it relates to our electrical world, PM me and I will reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.