Power Flex 40 F081 fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carians

New User
Occupation
IE Tech
I have a PF40 that when I connect the 22-HIM-A3 it faults the PF40 out with an F081. If I disconect the HIM and reset the drive it works fine and can be turned on and off from DCS control room. Have swapped different HIM and same results also have swapped Cat 5 cable same results.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I suggest you take a look at the AB knowledge base for your answer. The whole line of PF40s has a lot of weird quirks, often seem to be related to heat.

Attachments

• PowerFlex 4-Class Drives_ Fault F81 [Comm Loss].pdf
    105.6 KB · Views: 11

Malywr

I have a PF40 that when I connect the 22-HIM-A3 it faults the PF40 out with an F081. If I disconect the HIM and reset the drive it works fine and can be turned on and off from DCS control room. Have swapped different HIM and same results also have swapped Cat 5 cable same results.

Check what fault mean
Maybe dome parameters needs to be changed
How did you change HIM there is procedure for that
Go to knowledge base for more help

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Communication timeout. There is something interfering with the communications to the HIM so it keeps trying over and over and over, until it gives up and faults the drive. If you are LUCKY, it's just the ribbon cable, maybe a corroded pin or something.

But more likely: there have been issues with the PF40 and air flow, because the instructions say to have 4.7 inches of free space above and below each drive, but people ignore that or put wire duct in there and think that because it has slots, it doesn't count as an air flow restriction. It does. So over time, the eddies and swirls in air flow this creates cause components on the communication ports portion of the control board to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.