Power-supply conductors and control circuits in 1 conduit Generac

pkelectrical

I was reading the following thread, but I could not find answer to some of my questions

1. Generac classifies the N1, N2, T1 and leads 23 and 194 as class 1 signaling circuits.
2. Generac gives reference on page 8 of the manual for the ATS stating that "AC and DC circuits are permitted to occupy the same equipment, cable and conduit as per NEC 300.3(C)1."

Q1: 300.3(C)1 and article 725.48 does not mention anywhere the word "conduit", it mentions cables, cable trays, enclosures, raceways but not conduit. Do we just assume they include conduit? Some define conduit as a type of a raceway but I could not find any reference to this.

3. 725.46: Class 1 circuits need to be installed using wiring methods of chapter 3, but Exception 1 and 2 allows them to be also installed using 725.48 - 725.51.
4. 725.51(B) Ampacity adjustment only when 10% or more of other conductors.

Q2. As per #4 I would not need to adjust ampacity of the Load feeders from the ATS (250 MCM Copper) while I have the #14 thnn conductors from #1 in the same conduit, if I read this correctly? The question remains about the conduit and if article 725.48 means conduit as per Question 1.

What are your thoughts?

pkelectrical

The definitions of the conduits and tubing...those definitions all include the words "raceway of circular cross section".
Thank you, I was able to find the following using your quote

The 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC) references the term "raceway of circular cross section" in several articles related to different types of conduit and tubing. Here are some examples:

- **Article 358** covers Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT), described as "an unthreaded thin-wall raceway of circular cross section designed for the physical protection and routing of conductors and cables" .
- **Article 362** addresses Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing (ENT), defining it as "a nonmetallic, pliable, corrugated raceway of circular cross section with integral or associated couplings, connectors, and fittings for the installation of electrical conductors" .
- **Article 344** pertains to Rigid Metal Conduit (RMC), indicating a "raceway of circular cross section made of helically wound, formed, interlocked metal strip" .
- **Article 350** is about Liquidtight Flexible Metal Conduit (LFMC), described as "a raceway of circular cross section having an outer liquidtight, nonmetallic, sunlight-resistant jacket over an inner flexible metal core" .

These references highlight the NEC's specifications for different types of conduit and tubing, each serving as protective pathways for electrical wiring, characterized by their circular cross-sectional shape.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
These references highlight the NEC's specifications for different types of conduit and tubing, each serving as protective pathways for electrical wiring, characterized by their circular cross-sectional shape.
There are also square- and rectangular-cross-section raceways, a.k.a troughs.