Power to Office Trailers

faresos

Hello everyone:

I have a situation where I need to power 5 office trailers located outside from the main building switchboard. The plan is to provide a 450A/2P (480V) in the main building switchboard to feed a new 167KVA, 120/240V, 1-Phase transformer located outside. My question is, does the 800A, 120/240V switchboard (located outdoor near the trailers), has to have a main circuit breaker if we are feeding 5 trailers? The current design show 6-breakers at 150A each plus future spaces. Are we limited the 6-disconnect (breakers) if we didn't have a main breaker?

Thanks,

jap

Hello everyone:

I have a situation where I need to power 5 office trailers located outside from the main building switchboard. The plan is to provide a 450A/2P (480V) in the main building switchboard to feed a new 167KVA, 120/240V, 1-Phase transformer located outside. My question is, does the 800A, 120/240V switchboard (located outdoor near the trailers), has to have a main circuit breaker if we are feeding 5 trailers? The current design show 6-breakers at 150A each plus future spaces. Are we limited the 6-disconnect (breakers) if we didn't have a main breaker?

Thanks,
Disconnect limit rule set aside for a moment, what's protecting your transformer secondary conductors to the 800a Panelboard?

JAP>

electrofelon

Disconnect limit rule set aside for a moment, what's protecting your transformer secondary conductors to the 800a Panelboard?

JAP>
Actually he could use the unlimited outside tap rule for the conductors, but he needs his 408.36 PB protection as well as transformer protection.

faresos

JAP>
Nothing is protecting the 800A feeder. The 800A feeder terminate into MLO switchboard with 5 breakers. I thought this will fall under the tap rule.