Power to outlet for garage door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaska

Occupation
Electrician
I’m very new at this. My cutler hammer panel is full and I want to add an outlet for my garage doors.Instead of using extension cords to operate the garage doors. What breaker can I purchase to add another circuit for the panel or should I steal power from another circuit that is in the area? There is a surface mount handy box that is connected with the boiler circuit. I could use mc cable in that location and run it over to my outlet box for the garage doors.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I’m very new at this. My cutler hammer panel is full and I want to add an outlet for my garage doors.Instead of using extension cords to operate the garage doors. What breaker can I purchase to add another circuit for the panel or should I steal power from another circuit that is in the area? There is a surface mount handy box that is connected with the boiler circuit. I could use mc cable in that location and run it over to my outlet box for the garage doors.
I know you're profile says electrician. What kind of electrician are you, and what is your level of training?

Status
Not open for further replies.