Powerflex 70 VFD Parameters won't save

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoon

We have a powerflex 70 VFD driving a pump for a mobile LNG Refueler.

It's wired into 480 shore power and nearby loads are causing some low voltage faults to stop the VFD from operating.. I've changed parameters 174, and 175 to allow auto restart if the faults clear within 30 seconds. The issue is that if the VFD is power cycled these two settings revert back to default and we're left with the same problem.

I've tried using HIM copycat to save all settings to the memory as well as saving the active user set with the new settings, but still don't seem to be having much luck.

Am I missing a step?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Read manual on how to save parameters. I don't recall the exact procedure but I think the drive has to be in stop mode and there is a parameter that you have to change from zero to one to actually save them so they don't get reset on power up.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I don't have any solutions for your problem, Jraef will be the one to know.

The only thing I can say, is I've never had to do more than press the enter key after I changed a parameter to save it on any of AB's drives. HIM copycat just saves the settings to the HIM, I'm almost positive the VFD is not looking to these settings for it's operational parameters, but the parameters that are stored IN the drive instead.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The PF70 has, in addition to the parameters you can see and access, three additional "User Sets", groups of those parameters that can be loaded either by command, or automatically. So most likely the OEM of that equipment has set up their User Set of parameters so that every time your drive is powered up, it automatically loads their parameters to the working memory from the non-volatile memory. You can change them all you like in the working memory while it is powered, but when you power down and back up, it's going to re-load the OEMs settings from the non-volatile memory.

So look at parameter 198, it will tell you if it is set to load from a User Set and which one. So make your changes to 174/175 again and before powering down, go to parameter 199 and save it to that user set that is in 198.

One thing that might happen though is that the OEM may have password protected it, that's kind of common.

shoon

The PF70 has, in addition to the parameters you can see and access, three additional "User Sets", groups of those parameters that can be loaded either by command, or automatically. So most likely the OEM of that equipment has set up their User Set of parameters so that every time your drive is powered up, it automatically loads their parameters to the working memory from the non-volatile memory. You can change them all you like in the working memory while it is powered, but when you power down and back up, it's going to re-load the OEMs settings from the non-volatile memory.

So look at parameter 198, it will tell you if it is set to load from a User Set and which one. So make your changes to 174/175 again and before powering down, go to parameter 199 and save it to that user set that is in 198.

One thing that might happen though is that the OEM may have password protected it, that's kind of common.

Thanks!!

So 198 is set to load user set 0, and user set 1 is supposed to be the active user set according to Active Set Name menu. If I try to set it to 1 it says "Device State Has disabled function"

If I try to save the set to 0 using 199 I get the same Device state has disabled function error.

So something is holding me out from changing the user set. The drive is stopped and I ve tried placing it in manual but still no luck.

Device state.. Likely locked and password protected like you stated. I'll see if I can login

Status
Not open for further replies.