powering electronics circuit in EV charger meetering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougnoul_oh

Occupation
engineer
Hello:
We are a company in the business of providing high-performance converters that take ac input from the incoming line and power the electronics for the meter.
We do not have any idea about the real requirements for designing such a small efficient low quiescent current module to generate 5V for the metering electronics.
Would you have specifications for such modules that you may have found in installations?
Can we discuss this with any engineers here online?
Appreciate any help in the matter

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum.

Let me start by asking whether a USB-type plug-in charger would work?

How much current do you need, and what's your preferred termination?

Bougnoul_oh

Occupation
engineer
Thnx Larry.
I am looking for a Specification design and construction of a dc-dc/ac-dc converter module that will tap power from the ac & power all the electronics that go into the electronic metering system.
Some contact gave us one: but I think it is way out of line!
Looking for the "real " Specs, if you see what I mean.
b

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I found these:

From here:

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
We are a company in the business of providing high-performance converters that take ac input from the incoming line and power the electronics for the meter.
We do not have any idea about the real requirements for designing such a small efficient low quiescent current module to generate 5V for the metering electronics.
Would you have specifications for such modules that you may have found in installations?

So, you are wanting someone to tell you what they have found in manufacturers equipment. I can tell you, without even seeing one that it would have been designed and integrated into the metering electronics board. Nobody here is going to reverse engineer that for you and copying other peoples work is not proper.

If you want to know how to design switching AC to DC 5-volt power supplies I suggest a crash course in design or pay to have an engineer design one for you.

-Hal

Bougnoul_oh

Occupation
engineer
Thanks Hal.
No, the contents of your email do not reflect what I am asking for!
We design develop converters, looking for real Specifications of a certain type of products used in electronic metering system!
I have one from a customer- I suspect that is a bit inflated!
Looking to double-check before we invest time /money.
Seems ok to you to do that?

-r

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
looking for real Specifications of a certain type of products used in electronic metering system!

I would think you should get with the metering equipment manufacturers to find out what their requirements are.

Also, this forum is for electricians that do wiring for light and power. Though there might be someone here who might be able to come up with a design, electrical engineering is not what we do. There are forums out there dedicated to EEs that might be able to help you.

Good luck!

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.