Praise for This Manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I complain a lot about bad designs, poor labeling, etc.

I did some me LED conversions this week & pulled out these mounting plates. Well marked in every way. I think the same nameplate is in the shell of the light too. This should be standard procedure with lighting & all other products.

3 cheers for KIM Lighting! 🚩🚩🚩

jmellc

Occupation
Gotta redo pic.

Attachments

• FC4D4B24-DA93-4C2F-AC01-DB2EEC5CE18B.jpeg
    FC4D4B24-DA93-4C2F-AC01-DB2EEC5CE18B.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 72

jmellc

Occupation
I have seen junk that doesn’t surprise me is unmarked. But any maker of good products should want everyone to know it’s his.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Kim makes very nice lights- pricey but good quality.

For awhile, McDonalds was specifying KIM well lights around the front of the store for uplighting on the arcade walls. About $1500/ea and usually 9-10 per store. It was a solidly built fixture but once you had to change a ballast, it was impossible to keep the water out of it. Eventually they made an LED model but it suffered from water intrusion around the LED chips. They stopped using them about 8/yrs ago because the maintenance costs were extremely high. We took a lot of them out later on and they filled the holes and bricked over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
For awhile, McDonalds was specifying KIM well lights around the front of the store for uplighting on the arcade walls. About $1500/ea and usually 9-10 per store. It was a solidly built fixture but once you had to change a ballast, it was impossible to keep the water out of it. Eventually they made an LED model but it suffered from water intrusion around the LED chips. They stopped using them about 8/yrs ago because the maintenance costs were extremely high. We took a lot of them out later on and they filled the holes and bricked over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it. When manufacturers went to led they had a hard time with drivers, and water infiltration. We did a job with expensive light and had the same issues... Kim was great when we used them many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.