PREPARING FOR E-1 EXAM IN CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and excited to gain / offer what I am able. I am 6 months from being eligible for my E-1 and desire to get prepared asap. Any advice as far as studying for the business law part of the exam, places to get the books, or even courses to get me ready would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :cool:

KURTS4X4

I would look at IMTI in Waterbury. I took their course before I took my E2 & E1 test. I passed both the first time. I also go to IMTI for my yearly refresher course and always learn something new. The instructor is the inspector for the Town of Fairfield.

__dan

In addition to taking a test prep course I would recommend going to a library with a copy of the CGS, Connecticut General Statutes, and reading through the statutes subject in the test. Try to find out what is subject in the test, DCP should give a ready answer. They will cover labor and employment law and probably something else.

If it's like the test I took the question part will be exactly as worded in the statute and the choice of answers will be the remaining verbiage exactly as in the statute. That's what I did but it was 1989 .

If you fire someone how fast must you issue a paycheck paid up to date ? a. end of the week. b. end of the month. c. end of the day. d. never. (IIRC end of the day).

In a wage dispute what can the employee claim ? (IIRC double the difference plus attorney fee).

Questions and answers were straight out of the CGS.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.