Problem with submersible well pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffladd207

Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately it's been a hard year and past couple days has been even worse I suddenly came home to no water. Assumed my submersible pump went bad I replaced it and still no water! Problem wasn't my pump the ground apparently settled around my well head or in between foundation and we'll. So now I got dig the old line up and see what's going on . In the mean time I've already replaced the pump so that's new I ran 100' of new 14/2 wire directly from the main wire from circuit breaker to the well casing and then connected the piece of electric line that gos to the pump . I bypassed the pitless adapter and ran plastic water line right out thru top of the casing so one section of the 14/2 wire is above ground and wire nutted to the next section which connects from top of the casing and continues to the pump. I attached the pump wires securely and correctly...problem is now after just a few minutes of running it's tripping my circuit break . I have a double/single breaker each is 20amp so 40 amp total..shouldn't that be enough to run the submersible ?? I've never had this issue until I installed the new pump. Not once had my well pump kick the breaker prior to installing this new one . Any suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly

jeffladd207

Occupation
Retired
Let me add to that yesterday I lost the water hooked up new pump and it pushed water for about 20 mins then stopped apparently today it stopped getting power in the same line so I'm assuming whatever compromised the water line also broke the electric line about a day apart I know it doesn't sound logical I've lived here for 20 years and never had and issue other than replacing well pump about 10 years ago
...any ideas,,advice, instruction of any kind is highly appreciated 🙂. Got 3 beautiful ladies that live with me and they don't want to make woods runs everytime mother nature calls

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. If you are not an electrician, we are not permitted to assist you in performing your own electrical installation or maintenance work.

If installing stuff is not your occupation, then we can’t help you install stuff. You would have had to agree with that rule during the process of registering on the forum.

The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the dozens of other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt doesn’t want anyone to get injured by any incidents related to electrical installations. But he also doesn’t want to be sued by the injured party’s relatives on the basis of him not telling you enough to keep you safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.