Proper Conduit Connection to a Home Standby Generator Housing

kilovar1959

Occupation
Retired - Utility
Hello gentlemen, below is an image of the conduit connections into my personal home standby generator. I had the dealer do the installation to make sure my warranty was protected. The sub he hired dug a trench and went underground. My question is if the way they connected to the generator housing is proper? The generator is on vibration isolation inside the housing and the housing is bolted solid to the pad. However the pad is a "drop in" pad so it will likely settle over time. I do not see any allowances for ground movement.
I should note the contractor did NOT pull a permit, so it was not inspected. They did use the can on the meter main as a (short) pull through for control wire, so they could share the same conduit with a 20 amp 120 volt station service circuit from a breaker in the meter main. I have had to make some control wiring repairs as some was incomplete, and RS485 wiring was done incorrectly.
What are your thoughts?

00-C-6tdoGsDProEm1wnpcjX3D8rlMH66hvvGCZcM2aF0egVGLjBnbLWODuCWmYRIzm5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

I am am not a fan of PVC in that application. Usually I use LFMC. If I had to use PVC I would use expansion couplings. The PVC would be required to be supported within 3 ft of the termination. I don't see an allowance for the ground to be used as the support.

Just a comment on the 300.5 reference, although I pretty much always use expansion couplings when coming out of the ground and think The increased flexibility is a great thing, many people argue that section would not apply if you are dealing with undisturbed soil or materials that do not compact like Stone.

kilovar1959

Occupation
Retired - Utility
NEC Section 300.5 Underground Installations subsection (J) Earth Movement addresses your situation
Makes sense, I would think an expansion joint would be the best solution. There is enough conductor assuming it can be pulled through that LB.