Proper grounding for a remote well tank sub panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artcha

New User
Occupation
Retired
Hi, I’m putting in a remote sub panel for my well tanks and wanted to confirm I understand the grounding requirements correctly. I’ve installed a few before but never in a remote location.

The panel will be 30a 220v and have both 110v and 220v circuits. The conduit to the panel is pvc not metal and I am pulling 8awg for the L1/L2 and N, I was going to pull 10awg for the egc. I also had 2 grounding plates put in by the remote panel when the conduit was installed.

As I understand it the EGC from the main building and the grounding plates will both be connected into the sub panel ground bar which is bonded to the enclosure, the Neutral will be isolated from the ground on this remote sub panel similar to the sub panels in the main building.

Do I understand this correctly?

Thank you!

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
This site is designed for:
  • Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.