Public Pool GROUND RESISTANCE TESTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question Not A reply. For some reason I couldn't start a new post.
I have done a lot of pool wiring and bonds. I ran into a situation on a commercial pool that I just did a bond certification for. The customer currently has a standard all metal chain link fence within 5' of the pool. He now wants to install an all vinyl fence, but once to use the existing metal posts. They sell 4x4 vinyl posts that will go over the metal posts. My question is: If the posts are covered in vinyl: Do they still need to be bonded?
Once the new fence is installed there would be no way to do a bond test.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kwired

Electron manager
Question Not A reply. For some reason I couldn't start a new post.
I have done a lot of pool wiring and bonds. I ran into a situation on a commercial pool that I just did a bond certification for. The customer currently has a standard all metal chain link fence within 5' of the pool. He now wants to install an all vinyl fence, but once to use the existing metal posts. They sell 4x4 vinyl posts that will go over the metal posts. My question is: If the posts are covered in vinyl: Do they still need to be bonded?
Once the new fence is installed there would be no way to do a bond test.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Good question, and I don't know I have a definite answer.

I'd rather see the vinyl covering than the bare exposed metal, but at same time you potentially bringing a voltage gradient to the vicinity simply because it likely extends into the earth below.

To start a new thread you likely needed to go back to the home page then to the forums page and open the appropriate forum. From there you should be able to find an option to start a new thread. When viewing existing threads you don't have that button on the screen to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.