Pull box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirdon

What code article would I find where you can’t run Romex into a pull box with feeders and set a junction box and make a joint. 4 separate 200A feeders running thru this 24x24’’ j box- in which is sized to small

nickelec

What code article would I find where you can’t run Romex into a pull box with feeders and set a junction box and make a joint. 4 separate 200A feeders running thru this 24x24’’ j box- in which is sized to small
Not sure what you asking need more information

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Adamjamma

From what you are saying if I read 314.28 correctly the box does not have to be any larger... if all four feeds came in one side, then it is 16 plus 6 or 22 inches, yet you have 24 inches...unless I have read it wrong?

sirdon

yes, can you have a pull box with feeders and also run NM cable in that pull box and make a joint on the NM? the pull box has 4-2in coming in and 4- 2in leaving also 3- 1 1/2''comimg in and out

nickelec

As long as the box is sized appropriately u should be fine I believe you can't mix SEC with branch circuits or feeders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
yes, can you have a pull box with feeders and also run NM cable in that pull box and make a joint on the NM? the pull box has 4-2in coming in and 4- 2in leaving also 3- 1 1/2''comimg in and out

IMO aside from using some common sense the NEC doesn't provide much guidance on this scenario. For conductors #4 and larger the internal square inch area of the box does not matter as long as you follow the 6X and 8X rules. If you followed 8X rule for a straight pullshot and sized the box accordingly I know of no code section that would allow you to calculate the required square inch area for the NM cable splices.

Status
Not open for further replies.