Pull out wire??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Even though it ask for wire to be removed could one just disconnect/safe-off and leave wire in conduit? Assuming conduits in slab as it's a floor box. Could be a raised floor but who knows.

Attachments

• Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    352.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    128.5 KB · Views: 18

cdslotz

What part of "Remove receptacle along with wiring, exposed conduit and and all all accessories back to source panel, update panel directory to reflect work performed"...do you not understand?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What part of "Remove receptacle along with wiring, exposed conduit and and all all accessories back to source panel, update panel directory to reflect work performed"...do you not understand?
That says "exposed conduit" he's asking about deck conduit with a floor box.

480sparky

Here's what to do:

Remove the receptacle along with the wiring that goes to it.... back to the panel. Either scribble something on the panel directory or create a whole new one.

Charge accordingly.

If you're still unclear what the current conditions are, submit an RFI.

Just because the Code doesn't say you don't have to do all that, the specs do. You're getting paid to do something, you'd best do it. The Code is a minimum, the customer can always demand more.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I also ask because I know some who qualify that they will safe-off and disconnect only and the owner/eng let's them leave abandoned wire in pipe. So was wondering what most of you guys do.

cdslotz

I also ask because I know some who qualify that they will safe-off and disconnect only and the owner/eng let's them leave abandoned wire in pipe. So was wondering what most of you guys do.
I follow the specs and notes...but that's just me

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I think this has been specified because there are removed outlets out there and (maybe) wire nuts on the remaining wires, but nothing's changed in the breaker box except #13 has been switched off, but the wires are still attached.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Even though it ask for wire to be removed could one just disconnect/safe-off and leave wire in conduit? Assuming conduits in slab as it's a floor box. Could be a raised floor but who knows.
One could certainly do that if one did not want to get paid. Code is minimum. If the specs and/or drawings call for more than Code, that's what you give the client because that's what you committed to do when you accepted the job. Now, if this is still in the bid phase you could offer this as an alternative with the appropriate deduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.