PV connection to line side of service disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom L

I hope someone out there has had a similar situation and can shed some light on this issue. In our jurisdiction we have a submitted plan for a proposed 56Kw PV system to be installed on a mini-storage facility being constructed in our jurisdiction. 2002 NEC Sec. 230.82(5) allows PV equipment to be connected to the line side of the service disconnect. This is what is proposed on the plan. My question is how to address the conductors from the PV system AC disconnect (located about 12 feet from the service disconnect and in the same room) to the connection on the line side of the service disconnect. Would these conductors be considered "feeders" and then would have to comply with the tap rule found in NEC Sec. 240.21(B)(3)or would these be considered taps of sevice entrance conductors and NEC Sec 230.46 would apply? If these are considered "feeders" then the conductors (3/0 THHN) connected to 1200 amp rated service equipment with a 1000 amp main disconnect would appear to be a violation of NEC Sec. 240.21(2)(1). Any help would be appreciated.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: PV connection to line side of service disconnect

Tom, welcome to the forum. :)
Originally posted by Tom L:
I hope someone out there has had a similar situation and can shed some light on this issue.
Some sunlight? Hey yo! I'll be here all week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.