PVC INSTALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
When installing PVC what determines whehter spaces are needed or not or can you just lay it in the dirt?

Also, do the ends come belled where the next piece just gets glued and inserted? Thanks.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I think they can just lay on the dirt. I dont see why you need them raised.
Most conduit do come with belled ends. but some 90s and 45s do not.

ritelec

When installing PVC what determines whehter spaces are needed or not or can you just lay it in the dirt?

Never gave it much thought, but was on a job a few years back (new goldman sachs building), Many many underground feeders where installed.... some feeders had to be abandoned, even after the conductors where installed and ran through
out the building instead. The engineers had come back saying that the underground feeds needed to be subject to derating factors.............to re-run them above ground. Poor contractor took a beating.

tyha

Never gave it much thought, but was on a job a few years back (new goldman sachs building), Many many underground feeders where installed.... some feeders had to be abandoned, even after the conductors where installed and ran through
out the building instead. The engineers had come back saying that the underground feeds needed to be subject to derating factors.............to re-run them above ground. Poor contractor took a beating.

You mean "Adjustment Factors" dont you. I dont see a contractor runnig more than 1 set of feeders in a conduit. Adjustment deals with reducing the amperage the cable is allowed to carry.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You might want to look at 310.60 and Tables B 310.2-5 see if they are applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.