QA/QC Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmon

Does anyone know where I can find a commercial electrical contractor's Quality Control manual? This is similar to an ISO9001 document that details all of the steps the electrical contractor will follow while building the project. GC's that are ISO certified or have worked government contracts may have requested this QC manual from an electrical contractor. Thanks in advance for any leads.

mdshunk

People pay big-bucks developing those. If one exists in the public domain, I'd like to have my hands on it too. Lacking that, I would probably just add a company preamble to a reference to the NECA installation standards and call it good.

satcom

timmon said:
Does anyone know where I can find a commercial electrical contractor's Quality Control manual? This is similar to an ISO9001 document that details all of the steps the electrical contractor will follow while building the project. GC's that are ISO certified or have worked government contracts may have requested this QC manual from an electrical contractor. Thanks in advance for any leads.

www.isnetworld.com If your working for some of the fortune 500 companies or some govermrnt contracts you may need these services.

gwjcgwjc

Are you looking for a QA/QC related job? I was and I was having a really hard time finding one. Until, that is, I found QAQCCrossing.com. That web site really helped in my job search. It lists hundreds of great QA/QC related jobs. If you are in the same situation as I was, it might be of help

timmon said:

If you understand the purpose of such document, most of the mystery vanishes.

It is simply a document that describes how your quality assurance process works. It does not itself concerns with results, but that basically that: you do what you say, and you say what you do. It estabilishes that you have a consistent process in place.

Ex.: how do you respond to a call? It would describe who takes the call, how is the call recorded, what choices are offered to the customer, how is dispatch accomplished, how is the service monitored, recorded, how is followup that the work is completed and customer satisfaction accomplished. It looks for closed and repeateable processes. When I say closed it means that once the process begun, it can not stop on its own but that its completion assured. Ex. if the dispatched person does not arrive at the site within the alloted time, it is noticed and steps taken to assure that the original process continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.