Quality installation pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

shputnik

Occupation
Expert wirenut installer
I'm looking for pics of quality work
roughing in mc cable. pipe runs. splices in wireways big JB's, electric rooms, transformer wiring

The thought is I can show crew the pics and say that's what I'm looking for.

Your time is appreciated

shputnik

Occupation
Expert wirenut installer
You might want to consider hiring a crew chief with quality training and experience if you're unable to oversee the crew yourself.
Thanks for your feedback. I'll be all over their work quality and production. I just find that shown an example of what I expect eliminates confusion.

69gp

Here is one I have. Credit to Jim Davis, his picture.
Ditto to mjf's suggestion

Looks like it might be a code violation. Conduits exiting to the right of the panel look as if they are more than 3' to the first point of being secured. other than that looks real nice.

electricalist

Looks like it might be a code violation. Conduits exiting to the right of the panel look as if they are more than 3' to the first point of being secured. other than that looks real nice.
No need for straps he is the pipe whisperer. He told them to stay, and they will.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

electricalist

cd1e6fde7b58e8e2de1df4c59da10da7.jpg

I saw this the other day.
Didn't check the height or size of xfmr.

IIRC there were some pics of an MI cable installation here a year or so ago. They showed really nice work, too. (And a personal fav- photo of a panel schedule that has more detail than "lights", "lights", "lights", "lights", etc.)

jimdavis

I'm surprised to see my old pics kicking around. Here's a few from my current project, it's a big one. As before I can't take all the credit, we have some real talent within the company.

Attachments

• 20150620_133955_resized.jpg
    20150620_133955_resized.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150530_131032_resized.jpg
    20150530_131032_resized.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150619_171152_resized.jpg
    20150619_171152_resized.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150616_164453_resized.jpg
    20150616_164453_resized.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0

electricalist

That's amazing. They are working upside down.
The pipe work is very nice
How much planning would you say goes into work this neat. Hours, looking it over before the project starts or did yal walk in set up shop and make it happen?

jimdavis

I don't know what happened to the upside-down picture. Its not like that on my computer and I don't know how to fix it. As far as the pipe work, there is some planning involved but a lot of it is done on the fly. We do that stuff every day however and just like anything else it gets easier each time. I'm a bit anal about exposed conduit work but my therapist says it's a healthy obsession.:D

electricalist

If the computer gives you any more trouble I'll bet you could put a kick in it to a 90 with an offset and it'll work then.

Status
Not open for further replies.