Quality of these Panels and Inverter?

Ravenvalor

Senior Member
Hello,

I have a farmer customer who is building a solar system on his farm.
Will you folks please give me some insight into the quality of these panels and inverter? I suspect that the quality of 90% of all solar panels and inverters is not exactly the highest and the thing to look for is a company that will be around in 20 years to honor the warranty. I would like to think that someone like Panasonic provides both quality and warranty but I suppose my farmer customer does not have the funds for a Panasonic system.

Thanks for helping out this newbie :)
 

jaggedben

Senior Member
Hello,

I have a farmer customer who is building a solar system on his farm.
Will you folks please give me some insight into the quality of these panels and inverter? I suspect that the quality of 90% of all solar panels and inverters is not exactly the highest and the thing to look for is a company that will be around in 20 years to honor the warranty. I would like to think that someone like Panasonic provides both quality and warranty but I suppose my farmer customer does not have the funds for a Panasonic system.

Thanks for helping out this newbie :)
Well, if you define 'the highest' as the top 10% then by definition you have to exclude the other 90% from being in that category. ;)
 

romex jockey

Senior Member
Most of the solar farms we drive by will be far less efficient ,in need of repair, out of warranty, and someone else's problem in a few decades. If you doubt this, read how they contract them to municipalities and townships suckin' up the subsidies

~RJ~
 

Ravenvalor

Senior Member
Hello,

I have a farmer customer who is building a solar system on his farm.
Will you folks please give me some insight into the quality of these panels and inverter? I suspect that the quality of 90% of all solar panels and inverters is not exactly the highest and the thing to look for is a company that will be around in 20 years to honor the warranty. I would like to think that someone like Panasonic provides both quality and warranty but I suppose my farmer customer does not have the funds for a Panasonic system.

Thanks for helping out this newbie :)
Sorry for forgetting to paste the info. :)

Here it is.

Thanks,,

SOLARIA PowerXT 420W High Power ALL BLACK 40mm Frame, 19.4%
Efficiency
72 Cell (43.9in x 76.3in)
Mono PERC
25 year PRODUCT and Performance warranty
25 per pallet, 700 per container
Amphenol H4 (MC4 compatible) connectors
Solaria modules can be attached to any racking via the short edge of the
modules. All Solaria modules must be attached per the instructions in the
installation manual.


SMA Sunny Boy SB-7.7-US 1-Ph Grid Tied Inverter, 7700W, 208/240VAC,
60Hz,
integrated DC Disconnect
2,000W SPS (Secured Power Supply) 16A
3 MPPTs (100V minimum voltage) w/ Opti Track Global Peak
10 Year Warranty
Transformerless
Arc-Fault Protection (AFCI)
Built in Ethernet / WLAN (WiFi) communication included
SB 7.7-1SP-US-40
 

jaggedben

Senior Member
SMA is pretty much considered top of the line for inverters. They have the longest steady track record in the industry.

Solaria is new but strikes me as a quality module. We are about to start selling them. Very aesthetically appealing black on black appearance.
 

pv_n00b

Senior Member
SMA is a good company. I have not heard anything about Solaria modules but looking at their website they seem to have their own way of connecting cells together that does not use the industry standard ribbons. Maybe that will be fine, maybe they will find in a few years it was a bad idea.
 
Top