quest for the perfect tool bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

my adventure to find the most perfect toolbag is over.

i bought the veto pro pac XL and i finished organizing it.

if anybody thinks of buying one do it. its worth it. its very durable and probably wont ever break

100_1741.jpg

100_1740.jpg

electricalperson

These young kids. Most of them probably never wore a 15+ lb tool bag all day. :roll:

i used to wear a heavy bag but quickly stopped. every day was a workout with that thing. i dont mind lugging a heavy bag and grabbing a couple tools to go do something

i went through tool pouches, electricians totes, tool boxes, big tool bags and whatever you can think of. this thing seems promising

cpal

my adventure to find the most perfect toolbag is over.

i bought the veto pro pac XL and i finished organizing it.

if anybody thinks of buying one do it. its worth it. its very durable and probably wont ever break

what do you use all that stuff for?? :)

SEO

I had a guy work for me that wore a tool pouch on one side and a bag on the other side he must have had 20 lbs. of tools. An inspector told him one day that he had so many tools on that he might as well wear a bender as well.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
i used to wear a heavy bag but quickly stopped. every day was a workout with that thing. i dont mind lugging a heavy bag and grabbing a couple tools to go do something

i went through tool pouches, electricians totes, tool boxes, big tool bags and whatever you can think of. this thing seems promising

I was just picking on ya.:smile: I used to work in a big plant and it was a pain to go back to the shop, so you start carring everything, seemed like every time I laid my pouch down, I "lost" a tool so I just started wearing it all day except at breaks and lunch. I never realized how much it weighed until someone asked me one day and we put it on the shipping scale.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Some of the guys I've worked with carry all of their tools in their pocket. A 10-in-1 screwdriver, lineman's pliers and maybe a tester.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
That looks like a brand new apprentices tool pouch, everything is in there but the kitchen sink.:-? Why would you put every single size nutdriver in there, when you could just put the most common sizes, and leave the rest on the truck?

Wouldn't the most perfect toolbag come with wheels too?

220/221

Good luck. I'm a tool/organization kind of guy and have been searching my whole career for decent bags.

I MUST have bags for the work I do. I don't always wear them but I must have them close by.

In the last few years, someone got smart and put handles on these bags. The padded/velcroed inner belt works well too. BUT, the wirenut pouches are not big/deep enough, the bags are not "in front" enough and they need a row of more shallow pockets for shorter tools. My 5 in one keeps disappearing. And these bags don't even have a tape chain/holder.

DSC01937.jpg

BTW EP, you have WAY to many screwdrivers/nut drivers. :roll:

I carry a small set of nut driver tips that will slip into my ratchet screwdriver or drill and I only need 5 screwdrivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.