Question about dedicated outlets in a nail salon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently designing a nail salon with pedicure and manicure tables. I'm placing three quad outlets around each manicure table with four seats, and a quad by each pedicure seat. When I visited the site there several items plugged into the various outlets (they didn't have enough and were using power strips, think I solved that problem at least) and I didn't/couldn't check the wattage of each item plugged in.

My question is can I be placing three of these quads on a circuit like I have drawn now or are there going to be any large loads that require a dedicated circuit?

We're also doing a hair salon, and I know about the 1800w hair dryers and drying stations, so I'm using dedicated receptacles at each station there, but not really sure about the nail salon.

Any suggestions, thanks.

templdl

I think that you are going to have to ask the salon operator and find out what type of devices that they will be using. I personaly can't think if them using devices that require a lot of heating watts but that's only a guess. I would assume that they need a lot of outlets so that they can reduce the requirements of power strips.
You're best bet is to write them a proposal which is based upoin what THEY intend on using so that you can provide the circuit capacity and the number of outlets that they need in that way you at least cover your behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.