Question about "serviceable equipment"

Chrisg42121

New User
Occupation
PLT wire guy.
I work for a company that repairs all kinds of equipment for the financial industry. Alarms, cameras, safes, locks, and also drive up equipment. Most banks have an electric drawer on lane one of the drive up for transactions, and the remote lanes are a pneumatic system that a carrier moves through tubing to send in transactions and to send receipts back out. I'm a PLT guy, and am having trouble finding something in the code book that would relate to the equipment I install and service.
All of the pneumatic systems work with a series of blower motors that are mounted in the unit at the customer side. The "teller" side is strictly controls that operate the customer unit in regards to moving the carrier and also the audio/video systems that work along with the product. The blower motor packages have large AC motors and a valve that can move from pressure (or blowing) to vacuum (sucking), to move the carrier. Pressure to blow it into the bank, and vacuum to pull it back to the customer unit.
With newer systems installation, a licensed electrician is required to mount a receptacle in the customer unit that allows for a standard plug from the customer unit to provide power for the system. This makes a convenient disconnect point for servicing the unit to ensure we're not exposed to high voltage. The older systems, have the mains wires from the breaker panel hooking directly to a circuit board inside with no external shut off points. My question is - what does code say about these systems (in regards to not having an easy disconnect point for servicing like HVAC units)? I have been using a lock out/tag out system on the breaker panel for each customer lane when needing to disconnect the high voltage blower package in order to replace worn out motors.

Thank you.

Chris G