Question about wireless on/off lighting switch for multiple lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwright

Hi,

I've tried getting info from Lutron, but no response. Hoping someone can assist. Recently replaced 50 x 100w mh fixtures with LEDs. The lights are controlled by photocell / contactors on several 120v circuits. 8 of the fixtures need to be turned off every week or so for a few hours at a time. We couldn't breaker them off, or use the override switch without affecting other lights on those circuits, so we've had to unscrew the lamps to turn them off. Now, with LEDs, there are no lamps to unscrew. Don't want to put these lights on their own circuit, would like to control them with a wireless switch. Any suggestions on product? (I did see other posts on the subject but they were several years old)

Thanks

JFletcher

Seems odd to me that you'd just need to turn off 8 of the 50. How are they wired together? If conduit, pulling another conductor in there to switch the 8 lights might be an option. Or bypass those 8 with the existing wiring and pull in a new cable to control them. I dont know of a wireless way with the setup you have.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Hi,

I've tried getting info from Lutron, but no response. Hoping someone can assist. Recently replaced 50 x 100w mh fixtures with LEDs. The lights are controlled by photocell / contactors on several 120v circuits. 8 of the fixtures need to be turned off every week or so for a few hours at a time. We couldn't breaker them off, or use the override switch without affecting other lights on those circuits, so we've had to unscrew the lamps to turn them off. Now, with LEDs, there are no lamps to unscrew. Don't want to put these lights on their own circuit, would like to control them with a wireless switch. Any suggestions on product? (I did see other posts on the subject but they were several years old)

Thanks
If you want the ultimate in control Acuity N light system will switch every light you have in every combination possible. I'm surprised Lutron has not tried to sell you a graffic eye.

gwright

Thanks for your feedback. I crashed my bike and went offline. Anyway, these lights are directly behind an area that is used for events and they mess up the theatrical lighting. I was going to just buy a handful of garage door openers and use them to switch the lights off and on, but I suppose I'm going to have to dig into the wiring, find the home runs, and move these particular lights to their own circuit. (electrical plans not even close to accurate) I'm surprised Lutron wasn't any help, also. Thanks for all your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.