Question on 400 amp 120/208 3 phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry K

New User
Occupation
business Owner
I am able to get a 400 amp infeed of 120/208 3 phase power from my electrical service provider. Or I have the option to get a 400 amp in feed of 120/208 single phase power which is not enough to run everything we need to. This is for a temporary event. See below.

I need 760 amps of 120/208 single phase power with most of the power being used to run 120 blower motors and the rest being used to run 120 lighting circuits. Is it possible for me to simply breakdown each of the 110 legs of the 3 phase to provide all 110 power and still be able to balance the current draw on each of the legs. I would be going from a meter main 3 phase connection and then breaking the legs down in 110/208 subpanels then breaking them down into spider boxes for final plug ins for the blower motors. I am uncertain if I need some type of transformer to do this because I have read that it may be difficult to balance the power coming from the meter main into the distribution panels if I do not have a transformer to do this.

Your advice and alternate thoughts if applicable are appreciated.

Thak you

Status
Not open for further replies.