Question on residential 200A overhead service conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

Hi all,

I have a question on a 200A overhead service conduit. I'm using 2" rigid conduit and the run is about 40' long. There are three 90 degree bends and maybe a 22 1/2 degree bend. My question is, is it permittable to use a 2" LB and possibly some compression rigid couplings/connectors along the run? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
That would be code complaint, but make sure the LB is large enough for the number and size conductors that are being installed.
Also if this is on the line side of the meter, some utilities prohibit any conduit bodies.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
NEC wise you should be OK. However, some POCO don't allow conduit bodies and/or junction boxes. Check with POCO about the conduit bodies as well for total degrees of bends.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I agree with Don, the LB must be sized according to the 6X rule or be marked for the conductor sizes permitted that are less than the 6X rule.

Buck Parrish

I too, have been told by the power company that no LBs are allowed.

You might could have went under ground cheaper. Unless you're on rock. That sounds like an interesting service mast. Send pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.