Question Regarding the NEC Journeyman Electrician Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jponce14

Hey , recently i have been doing research on the Journeymans Electrician test since i plan to start studying for it but i find a lot of different information.

I have read the exam will only cover Chapters 1-4 and Chap 9 are the only ones that will be in the Journeymans exam since chapters 5-8 are for specialized work? but other places say the whole book will be on the exam. I am in florida, which of these is true? I am just trying to find a way to study this book in the best way possible.

Thank you

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Hey , recently i have been doing research on the Journeymans Electrician test since i plan to start studying for it but i find a lot of different information.

I have read the exam will only cover Chapters 1-4 and Chap 9 are the only ones that will be in the Journeymans exam since chapters 5-8 are for specialized work? but other places say the whole book will be on the exam. I am in florida, which of these is true? I am just trying to find a way to study this book in the best way possible.

Thank you

You have to be specific about what license and issued by who. Is this for St. Lucie County journeyman electrician?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
The Journeyman Electrical license and i want to be able to work in various counties from orlando to Coconut creek.

There is no state issued journey electrician license in Florida. You can get a county issued license in many counties and some reciprocate with other counties. In most cases you are not required to have one if you are employed by a Florida Unlimited Electrical contractor. That said, many elect to voluntarily have a journeyman for a lot of good reasons and some contractors require it to work for them.
If you want, say, St. Lucie County you go them and apply. They will tell you who their provider is and you can get a test bulletin from that provider to learn about that specific exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.