Question regarding The State of New Hampshire code E.M.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I am working on a project in New Hampshire. The plumbers are using P.V.C pipes for their installations in the slab brought up in the metal stud walls for their utilities. On a recent job site in Massachusetts, they were required to use Cast Iron and copper. I was told that New Hampshire allowed the use of P.V.C in walls. With block masonry we use E.M.T with compression couplings. I was thinking about using P.V.C for the block work on the next project. Where I can find if it is legal in The State of New Hampshire to use P.V.C in block work?
It seems less expensive if the offsets out of the block are made in bulk. Does any one have any feedback on this?
Any information would be appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort.
Justin W.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Re: Question regarding The State of New Hampshire code E.M.T

Where I can find if it is legal in The State of New Hampshire to use P.V.C in block work?

I would think a call to the AHJ would do it.

-Hal

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

I suspect a lot of these kind of questions are not so much code as practice.

years ago around here, even though supposedly they were following the nec,inspectors did not allow the use of romex except for remodeling in the city, and pvc was not allowed at all. i don't think they even allowing armored cable. it was emt, imc, or ridged, regardless of what the code said.

as time went on that has changed and I think most residential work is now done in romex in the city.

mc5w

What you are asking is what a local wiring rule is. There are a lot of places out there that do not allow a certain wiring method or place greater restrictions.

A favorite local wiring rules is that branch circuit cannot use 15 amp wiring. A number of electrical utilities require that service entrance cable be fastened at least once every 2 feet and withing 1 foot of boxes and sill plates even though NEC allows greater distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.