Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

codequestion

Banned
I have existing switchboard at backo of the building. The utility is feeding the switchboard. The switchboard has existing service system ground.

Their is a feeder from freder circuit brraker going to one of the tennanet space inside the building to Panel A.

Does Panel A is required to be grounded with electrodes per nec 2014 article 250 since switchboard is outside the building?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I hesitate to give an answer as I have found most of your "questions" are more of an AHJ opinion question than a Code question (likely by design)
The answer, IMO, lies in whether the switchboard and the Panel A are considered to be ""different structures which would be a AHJ question and possibly decided on such detail as the distance involved and the switchboard being attached to the building structure.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I have existing switchboard at backo of the building. The utility is feeding the switchboard. The switchboard has existing service system ground.

Their is a feeder from freder circuit brraker going to one of the tennanet space inside the building to Panel A.

Does Panel A is required to be grounded with electrodes per nec 2014 article 250 since switchboard is outside the building?

What is with the typos in your posts?

codequestion

Banned

Attached sketch of what is looks like. The location of switchboard and location of panelboards.

Attachments

• Scan-to-Me from 10.2.2.23 2018-02-05 093120.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 0

codequestion

Banned
I hesitate to give an answer as I have found most of your "questions" are more of an AHJ opinion question than a Code question (likely by design)
The answer, IMO, lies in whether the switchboard and the Panel A are considered to be ""different structures which would be a AHJ question and possibly decided on such detail as the distance involved and the switchboard being attached to the building structure.

Typing with cell phone creates typos. It should read:

I have existing switchboard at back of the building. The utility is feeding the switchboard. The switchboard has existing service system ground.

Their is a feeder from feeder circuit breaker going to one of the tenant space inside the building to Panel A.

Is Panel A required to be grounded with electrodes per Nec 2014 article 250 since switchboard is located outside the building? See attached sketch of existing switchboard location and Panel A location.

Attachments

• Scan-to-Me from 10.2.2.23 2018-02-05 093120.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 0

codequestion

Banned
So don't spend the time to type up a coherent readable post, and make everyone else, who are already spending their time to help you, have a harder time??? Nice.
Well thats why i post three or four times same thing once i see their is an error so all of you have readable post.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Well thats why i post three or four times same thing once i see their is an error so all of you have readable post.

So you think cluttering a thread with numerous repeats helps others trying to answer you?

Roger

codequestion

Banned
So you think cluttering a thread with numerous repeats helps others trying to answer you?

Roger
No but it clarifies what i meant. It would help if their is an edit button taptalk mobile that changes the old thread instead of putting another thread. Thats what happens when you type from desktop it lets you type over with edit button.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
No but it clarifies what i meant. It would help if their is an edit button taptalk mobile that changes the old thread instead of putting another thread. Thats what happens when you type from desktop it lets you type over with edit button.

Well let me suggest that in your case you quit posting with Tapatalk.

Roger

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

You should be able to edit with Tapatalk too. Just select the post and pull down the menu. Note that all posts get locked against editing after about 15 minutes, so correct quickly. :)

user 100

I'm going with this ^^^^^^^

OP---In many cases, a lowly pole is considered a structure and therefore a GE would be needed at the building feed by svc on pole.

You need to ck out the ART 100 def of structure (yes, there is def for that in the code) for future reference.

codequestion

Banned
I'm going with this ^^^^^^^

OP---In many cases, a lowly pole is considered a structure and therefore a GE would be needed at the building.

You need to ck out the ART 100 def of structure (yes, there is def for that in the code) for future reference.
Swbd is an equipment how can it be structure? It is manifactured.

Status
Not open for further replies.