Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
A closet has a ceiling height of 8', it has no shelves but only a cloths rod at 7'9", what type of light fixtur may be installed in the closet?

This question was on my exam and I dont know if I got it right.

cadpoint

Bryan, is that just a default answer to being an inspector ?

I mean seems all of 410.1-8 and even 410.16 might be appliable, now granted the question is sudo vage, I'll give you that.

This is based on 08'

BackInTheHabit

NEC 2008 410.16 Luminaires in clothes closet.
NEC 2008 410.8 Storage closet.

How tall do you have to be to answer this question?

A closet rod hung at 7' 9" would be hung higher than most people can reach. 6' 9" is the standard mounting height for closet rods.

Need more info in question. Width and Depth of said closet. Is there a Footstool?

SiddMartin

410.8(A) says that the storage space is up to the highest rod, and based on 410.8(D)(2-4) you would need at least 6" between the fixture and storage space. I would say you have to lower your rod to have at least 6" then use any of 410.8(D)(2-4)

Based on 2005 NEC

What were the choices given?

dwellselectric

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I thought that if you use a recessed flourescent than it has to have a closed trim? and if the bar is set at 7'9" would that not be to close to the ceiling to use a recessed flourescent fixture? Wouldn't you have to use a flourescent fixture? I could be totally off I dunno just my opinion

Cavie

This is another example of some collage boy writing a test of which he has no idea of the subject at hand. He reads a statement and thinks up a question not knowing all the parameters involved. The new guy has to pay the price for collage boys bosses stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.