Quickbooks in van question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzadroga

Has anyone found or is using some software that allows you to enter invoices and time sheet data into a laptop for each van and transfer the data to the office Quickbooks computer at the end of the day? If i can find software to do this, it would save me alot of data entry at the end of the month. I already know about some that can be used with PDA's but i would rather use laptops.

If you're willing to use a non specific version of quickbooks, their online version would work I think. You could use laptops with a mobile broadband connection and the info can be added to QB on the fly. As a service shop it works pretty well for me. I can take credit cards and a HO with e mail can have an invoice before I walk back up to their door.

Rampage_Rick

If you have broadband on your office computer and wireless internet in your van, you could just run your office computer remotely via RDP (built into XP, Vista)

Right now I can access my home computer from the office and my office computer from home (or anywhere else) I'm planning to buy an HTC Touch smartphone which should also allow me to use RDP on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.