Rack-A-Tiers Wire Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Has anyone ever used these? They're about $80 at the supply house. I keep looking at them and wonder if they're any good. Given their size (17"x17"x9"), my concern is that they would tip over during normal operation. Anyone have any experience with them?

P1-rack-a-tiers.gif

jazer

Most simplisitic, ingenious and useful tool ever invented. Assuming you are talking about the original rack-a-tiers (two black plastic squares that require a user supplied axle) I would recommend them. They also sell a sort of pipe-vise that works in conjunction with them, never used it, but looks quite helpful. I have never had an issue with them tipping under normal use, such as 1000' of MC and such. Once, a fellow worker and I used them on top of a couple of pallets to dispense a large reel of 200 amp sub-feed MC. The tiers stayed put but the weight bowed them severely. They are still in use to this day. I believe my company owns about 15 sets of these.

Last edited:

WinZip

We have 3 sets of those an they are easy to transport an set up an have had them loaded up with all size wire spools an never tipped over , I highly recommend using them.

shepelec

They work well but I have found that you do need to attach them to a larger base as they will tip over. If used on a resi job you could just screw them to the sub floor.

Fast1911

I have these on all of our trucks. The guys love them and they work great. It beats having to get out a ladder and emt all the time. Well worth it, IMO.

RackATiers.gif

WinZip

Any one know of an inexpressive meter that measures the length of wire left on a spool of wire or cable, I have seen them before but don't remember where , maybe supply house I think.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Check you internet explorrer securty setting, Mine blockes pictures also, but once I have went to the site it allows the image to show. are you using the old 6.0 IE? I never upgraded as I hate the new tabs.
I see the second picture posted and have never had this issue. When I tried to paste the properties from the website for that picture I got the red X also.

I tried clearing things but the first picture that Rob posted is still an X

glene77is

Check you internet explorrer securty setting

Guys,

I have brought up the page OK
using :
(1) Dooble (German GPL) Web Browser
(2) Midori (German GPL) Web Browser
(3) FireFox (Mozilla) Web Browser
and they all display the pictures OK.

I don't use anything MS if I can avoid it, for personal reasons.
But, Check the Exporer settings, maybe the security page.
:)

jeremysterling

Rack-a-tiers

Rack-a-tiers

I highly recommend the "rack-a-tiers." I was ready to buy off the internet ($80 plus shipping) when a co-worker sold me his extra set for $40.

I use them for pulling 12 or 10 wire. I use them when cutting strut or 2" pipe. I've set 1000' rolls of 1/2" liquid-tight on them. I sit on them at lunch. They are great!

They stay in the back of my ute-bed. They have not blown out but sometimes I think I should run a chain and lock through them. Another co-worker claims his were stolen from his truck bed.

Split Bolt

Dennis, you did better than I did. I don't see ANYTHING on the OP! Not even something to click on for an image!:confused: Anyway, I saw the picture on a following post and LOVE IT! Presently, I use a 4' length of 1/2" EMT tied to the bottom step and crossbar of my 6' ladder! I WILL own one very soon! Thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.