Radio active containment tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Going to look at one tomorrow I will be wiring. I have no paperwork on this yet.
Can anyone give me a heads up on what may be involved here?

Thanks

growler

No idea on the tank, tho I'd guess such a facility would have high security; may want to budget extra time getting in and out of there?

Not me, I would guess that most of the work will be done by illegal immigrants with middleastern sounding names. :happysad: The only person that may have trouble getting onto the site will be Chris.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
No idea on the tank, tho I'd guess such a facility would have high security; may want to budget extra time getting in and out of there?

Good point. Chris should make sure he has ALL his paperwork with him, good idea to take your passport also if you have one. Many secure facilities require TWO pieces of ID.

I've done work in areas of military bases where there was a 2 week period to get the access paperwork squared away, and over 1 hour getting the access paperwork checked over at the base.

Oh yeah, another tidbit. My retired Navy co-worker once got a traffic ticket for 'not wearing seatbelt' because he unclipped his seatbelt to get his wallet and military ID out without shutting the engine off first ! And that was just going thru to outer gate to get to the security center to have our paperwork checked and badge issued !

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician

More along the lines of safe guards. Working in certain areas of the facility requires the use of belt worn detectors. When leaving these areas we are screened for hitchhikers.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Going to look at one tomorrow I will be wiring. I have no paperwork on this yet.
Can anyone give me a heads up on what may be involved here?

Thanks

Could be as simple as a tank inside a concrete bunker.

Conduits may have to be sealed to prevent air from flowing through them, depending on what the HVAC design is.

Or you may only just need 2 bends in each conduit to prevent a straight shot for the radiation to pass through.

Or you may not need anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.